Apr 4, 2005

Who'da Thunk It

I've been playing golf since I was a sophomore in high school. Mostly just for fun, I'd never broken 100. Came close a couple times - a 101 at a swank resort course down in Galena IL. But usually a 108 or 112 was my score and I'd play once or twice a season.

Then last year I decided to play more often, thinking that I'm never going to get better by playing once a year. So I joined a golf league - 9 holes every Thursday night - and played on Sunday morning with a group of friends. By the end of the year I'd played twenty or so rounds and had gone from shooting 108 or 109 to 102 or 103, and had managed an even 100 at the University of Minnesota course. Golf league had resulted in scores around 46-50 for nine holes.

Over the winter, bought a new driver off eBay and I hit the driving range twice in the past few weeks. Figured that THIS was the year I was going to break that elusive century mark, and then - I could set my sights on being a bogey golfer... a 90.

Played my first round of the year yesterday.

88.

I'm hoping this is a good omen for the Illini tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home