Dec 15, 2004

Happy Birthday, Mom

It's been more than three years since you left us, but you still touch all of us daily. And today I especially miss you, and the exchange we always used to have on your birthday:

Me: "How does it feel to be [age] years old, Mom?"

You: "Oh, being [age] is nothing - but having a [age - 30]-year-old son really makes me feel... OLD."

I hope I never feel like Tom Hanks' son in Sleepless in Seattle, who said of his Mom: "I'm starting to forget her."

I could tell you all about what's going on with me, and with Dad, and with your granddaughter. And that the tree at the cemetery that you hoped would provide shade for your summer visitors also drips snowballs after every winter storm. But you know all that, right? So I'll just say bye. For now.

Love,
Bobby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home